Our dental staff understands the importance of taking a comprehensive, professional approach to infection control. That's why we use a state of the art infection control system.
When your appointment with the dentist or the hygienist begins, you may notice a package wrapped in clear or blue paper near the dental chair. This is no ordinary package - it contains a unique package of dental instruments that is part of the special infection control system this office uses.
With the infection control system, you know that the instruments used by your dental professional at Fuller Periodontics & Implant Dentistry have been properly cleaned, sterilized and stored. And, it is one of the many precautions this office takes to safeguard your health.How Infection Control Works
To better explain how this important system works, let's take a closer look at infection control:
Cleaning and Inspection. Following patient treatment, the tray of instruments and supplies is taken to the sterilization room. Disposable items are discarded and the instruments are thoroughly cleaned, inspected and organized.
Confidence. Next, a special "Indicator Strip" is attached to the instrument package. This strip will change color so you can be confident that the instruments have been exposed to the proper conditions for sterilization.
Sterilization. The sterilization bag will maintain sterility of the contents, while the monitor tape acts as an additional check on proper sterilization. The instruments are now ready for sterilization.
Sterile Presentation. Following sterilization, the instruments are stored in a sterile condition. Once you are seated for your appointment, the package is opened, providing a sterile set of instruments for your visit.
The infection control system is an important part of this office's larger commitment to take all necessary precautions to safeguard your health during your visit with us.
In addition to instrument sterilization, these are procedures we follow on a regular basis to assure quality care and provide a disease-free environment:
- Disposal of Waste by Outside
- Waste Tracking by Outside Vendors
- Sharps Disposal Units Sharps Handling Units
- Autoclave Steam Sterilizers, including the Statim
- Disinfection Ultrasonic Unit
- Sterilizer Testing for Each Cycle by Bag & Test Strips
- Barrier Protection
- Uniforms/Laundry/Contamination Bags
- OSHA Training & Retraining
- OSHA Compliance by Outside Vendors
- New Maintenance Procedures for Equipment
- New Most Modern Equipment
- Disposable Products
- OSHA Manual
- Labeling of All Products & Equipment
- MSDS Manual & Updates
- Hepatitis Vaccination by Outside Vendors
- Voluntary AIDS Testing
- CPR Training & Updates
- Continuing Education
- Eye Protection for Patients & Staff
- Eye Wash Station
- Recovery System for Nitrous Oxide gases
- Several types of surgical gloves, including vinyl for our latex-allergic patients
- CPR certification of all clinical team members
Should you have any questions concerning any of our sterilization procedures, please do not hesitate to ask. We are proud of the measures we take to ensure your overall health.